If you're a regular participant, register now to become a member of BC Wheelchair Sports! By becoming a member, not only are you eligible for all that BCWSA has to offer, but you also help us continue to grow and allow us to keep providing a high level of wheelchair sports programs and services. The strength of BC Wheelchair Sports is in our membership, and we hope you will join us!
Insurance: Coverage by the BC Wheelchair Sports Association's Accident and Liability Insurance policy for individuals members as well as Directors' Liability Insurance for all clubs.
Newsletter: Receive our e-newsletter to stay up-to-date on all that’s happening in BCWSA.
Communication: Members receive timely information pertinent to their sport and/or area of interest including information on clinics, workshops and special events.
Access to Programs: Members are given consideration for provincial team programs (athletes and coaches), officials development, coaching education support and development, the wheelchair loan program, and competitive opportunities, in addition to other programs and services. Members may also receive a special ‘Members Rate’ on programs and services.
Access to Funding: Members are given consideration for the Athlete Assistance Program (athletes), Travel Grant Program and provincial team funding, as well as funding for regional participants to access clinics and camps. Funding support is also provided for coaching and officials education and development.
Structure for BCWSA Membership
Membership in the association shall be designated as follows:
- Athlete Member
Adult - any individual nineteen years and older, either with a disability or able-bodied, who is interested in participating in wheelchair sports and recreation may be an Adult Athlete Member. An Adult Athlete Member may run for office in accordance with the Bylaws and is entitled to one (1) vote at general meetings.
Junior - any individual under the age of nineteen, with a disability or able-bodied, who is interested in participating in wheelchair sports and recreation may be a Junior Athlete Member. A Junior Athlete Member may not run for office and is not entitled to a vote at general meetings.
- Coach - any individual who is interested in coaching. A Coach shall be entitled to run for office and shall be accorded one (1) vote at general meetings.
- Official - any individual who is interested in officiating. An Official shall be entitled to run for office and shall be accorded one (1) vote at general meetings.
- Supporter - any individual having an interest in furthering the objects of the Association. A Supporter shall be entitled to run for office and shall be accorded one (1) vote at general meetings.
- Affiliate - any group, corporate body, commercial organization or individual having an interest in furthering the objects of the Association. Affiliate members shall not be entitled to run for office and shall not be accorded a vote at general meetings.
- Honorary Member - any person, organization, group or corporation who has made an outstanding contribution to the Association may be considered for Honorary Membership. Honorary Membership is conferred by the Board of Directors. Honorary members are not eligible to vote at the general meetings.
- Life Member - any person who has rendered outstanding service to the Association or achieved excellence may be considered for Life Membership. Life Membership is conferred by the Board of Directors. Life Members are eligible to vote at the general meetings. Life members shall not be required to make payment of dues.
Become a Member!
New to wheelchair sports?
If you are new to wheelchair sports and are interested in giving it a try, please check out one of the following pages: