Thomas Venos (Anmore) went undefeated to take home the 2019 Delta Open Wheelchair Singles' title, part of the Tennis BC Summer Series, June 7-8th at Sunshine Hills Tennis Club.
The 20-year-old didn't drop a set in any of his three matches and now has his second Summer Series tournament title of the year after winning the Richmond Open earlier this month.
The runner-up was Barry Henderson (Mission), followed by Tomas Bourassa (Delta) in 3rd and Mitch McIntyre (Vancouver) in 4th.
1. Thomas Venos
|2. Barry Henderson||2||3||2-1||4-2||32-17|
|3. Tomas Bourassa||1||3||1-2||2-5||20-35|
|4. Mitch McIntyre||0||3||0-3||1-6||14-40|
Friday, June 7th, 2019
- Tomas Bourassa DEF. Mitch McIntyre (7-5, 3-6, 6-0)
- Thomas Venos DEF. Barry Henderson (6-3, 7-5)
Saturday, June 8th, 2019
- Barry Henderson DEF. Tomas Bourassa (6-1, 6-0)
- Thomas Venos DEF. Mitch McIntyre (6-0, 6-0)
- Barry Henderson DEF. Mitch McIntyre (6-3, 6-0)
- Thomas Venos DEF Tomas Bourassa (6-3, 6-0)
Next up on the Wheelchair Tennis calendar is the Burnaby Open, June 22-23 at the Burnaby Tennis Club.
Wheelchair Tennis fans should also mark their calendars for the ITF Futures Vancouver International Wheelchair Tennis Tournament, July 18-22 at the Kits Beach Tennis Club.
For more information on how to get involved in wheelchair tennis in BC, contact us today!
Michelle McDonell, Senior Program Coordinator
Phone: 604.333.3520 ext. 208