Target sports are a great option for those want a sport that requires mental toughness and concentration or who have disabilities that make higher-impact sports like wheelchair basketball more difficult. At the Paralympic level, athletes shoot seated, standing, and prone. A wide range of athletes can participate in target sports, including: quadriplegics, paraplegics, spina bifida, amputations, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, and orthopedic conditions. Men and women compete in the same events.
Benefits of Participation
- Meet new friends
- Participate or compete at your own skill level
- Participate in social activities
- Improve your hand-eye coordination
- Improve your concentration skills
- Network with people with similar interests
- Travel to events across the country
- Learn how to operate air pistols and air rifles safely
Canada's entire Paralympic target sport contingent was from British Columbia!