The World Anti-Doping Agency has released its new list of prohibited substances, effective Jan. 1st 2016, which has been published here. All athletes, coaches and support staff should familiarize themselves with the new regulations.
Some of the new modifications include:
- Insulin-mimetics were added to category S4. Hormone and Metabolic Modulators, to include all insulin-receptor agonists.
- Meldonium (mildronate) was added to category S4. “because of evidence of its use by athletes with the intention of enhancing performance.”
- It was clarified that the ophthalmic use of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors (S5. Diuretics and Masking Agents) is permitted.
- It was clarified that clonidine (S6. Stimulants) is permitted.
- The International Motorcycling Federation (FIM) was removed from the list of sports prohibiting alcohol (P1. Alcohol) as a doping agent, and FIM “will address the use of alcohol using their own regulations.”
For the full list of prohibited substances, click here.