Effective April 8th all remaining PHO restrictions on sport are lifted. All sport activities are now allowed for youth and adults.
Proof of vaccination is no longer required by the Provincial Health Officer for sport activities and programs and masks are encouraged but not required. BCWSA will continue to monitor the situation and may impose additional requirements for large events or particularly high risk settings. The requirements will be communicated clearly in event-specific notices.
General Guidelines – updated April 8, 2022
- All activities that would typically take place in a sport environment are permitted including programs, events, camps and tournaments.
- Individuals should not attend any sport programming if they are unwell. Participants may use the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool (https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en/) to assess their symptoms as necessary. It is the responsibility of the individual to monitor themselves for symptoms which may be related to COVID-19.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, follow BCCDC guidance
- Masks are no longer required by the Province in indoor public spaces but remain highly recommended and appreciated.
- Masks may be required by individual businesses or facilities.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required for indoor sport activities and programs.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
Province-Wide Restrictions - Province of British Columbia