BCWSA Announces Regional Club Support Pilot Program
massive-dev | October 15, 2018
BC Wheelchair Sports is pleased to introduce a new club grant initiative. The goal of this program is to provide direct PSO support to clubs in areas that will enhance capacity and enable clubs to enhance and highlight their existing work.
- All applications must be submitted by email, to the Program Manager and Executive Director
- All applications will be reviewed by the Program Manager,Executive Director and sport specific program staff or coaching staff, as appropriate.
- Clubs will be notified of their application’s status within 30 days of the application close date (November 15, 2018)
Clubs approved for direct program funding must provide receipts confirming the use of approved funds. Reimbursement will be based on the value of receipts submitted. Payment to the club will be provided within 30 days of submission of receipts.(receipts are not eligible for submission if they are covered through other funding sources.
- One representative of your club must have attended the 2018 BCWSA Annual Regional Conference.
- All members of your club must be paid members of BCWSA (in the case of intergrated clubs in Athletics or Tennis, the athletes competing in classes by BCWSA and their coaches must be members
Regional Club Support Program Information
- The program has three distinct submission streams. Clubs may only apply for support in one of the three streams.
1.Grant Writing Support
Please choose one of the options below:
- Receive staff support to research and write one grant for your club
- Receive staff support to proof and provide suggestions for two grants that your club has researched and written
Eligible grants must include one or more of the following elements related to program delivery
- Recruitment and Retention (BTG Event or program support)
2.Clubs Communications Support
Receive six hours of staff support from BCWSA Communications Coordinator
- Website review and provision of suggestions for improvement
- Social Media 101 education for your Board and/or Staff
Social Media planning session
3. Direct Program Support Funding
Applications can be submitted to receive support in the following areas related to program delivery:
- Coach Professional Development
- Integrated Support Team (IST)- Sport Science,Strength and Conditioning
- Priority of fund distribution is based on targeted need, the number of LTAD stagesbeing reached and alignment with PSO priorities in the sport in which you applied.
- Clubs may apply in more than one area to a maximum of $1,500 across all areas.
Applications to the Regional Club Support Program are open from October 15, 2018 to November 15, 2018. You can find the application form at the bottom of this page or by clicking here