BCWSA Athletes End Canada Summer Games Experience With Medals, PBs
massive-dev | August 6, 2017
Congratulations to the seven athletes who represented BCWSA and Team BC at the 2017 Winnipeg Canada Games. This amazing squad won 7 medals and set 6 personal bests!
The team also had several non-sport highlights, including snapping selfies Prime Minister Trudeau and taking part in pin trading.
After the Games were over, Coaches Lisa and James made a special presentation to Eddy Solla for his hard work and dedication on and off the field. Not only did he achieve some personal bests in shot put, but he also won two medals and was a role model for the rest of the team.
“Eddy has been in this sport since he was a young kid, and to see him transition from wheelchair racing at the 2009 and 2013 Canada Summer Games, to reaching new personal bests at seated throws in 2017 was incredible,” said Coach Lisa Myers. “James and I were both extremely impressed with his performances and we look forward to seeing him continue to improve in the future.”
We owe a special thank you to Coaches Lisa and James, who helped the athletes perform at their best while also ensuring that they had a memorable experience. You need to only look at the Big Heads of the team to see that James and Lisa really care about the special touches that make all athletes feel welcome and included.
Congratulations to all our athletes! We can’t wait for the next Canada Summer Games in 2021!
– Sedrick Skabar: 7th place A Finals, 31.77
– Balraj Zimich: 1st place B Finals, 33.92
– Sedrick Skabar: 6th place A Finals, 1:00.92
– Balraj Zimich: DQ in the heats
– Sedrick Skabar: 5th place, 3:55.72
– Balraj Zimich: 7th place, 4:12.22
– Yeshi Renaerts: Silver Medal, 47.06
– Yeshi Renaerts: Silver Medal, 1:29.72 (personal best)
– Yeshi Renaerts: Silver Medal, 5:50.38 (personal best)
Men’s Seated Discus
– Dakoda Darling: Gold Medal, 30.81m, 527 Points
– Eddy Solla: Bronze Medal, 21.49m (personal best), 336 Points
– Daryl Yuen: 5th Place, 15.43m, 119 Points
Men’s Seated Shot Put
– Eddy Solla: Silver Medal, 7.58m (personal best), 326 Points
– Dakoda Darling: Bronze Medal, 8.32m (personal best), 301 Points
– Daryl Yuen: 5th Place, 5.53m, 90 Points
Women’s Seated Discus
– Jessye Brockway: 4th Place, 19.76m, 466 Points
Women’s Seated Shot Put
– Jessye Brockway, 5th Place, 6.62m, 380 Points