Position Available: Assistant Program Coordinator
massive-dev | June 23, 2021
BC Wheelchair Sports is seeking an individual to fulfill a part-time contract position (approximately 12 – 15 hours per week) as Assistant Program Coordinator. Programs may include: BCWSA ‘Bridging the Gap’ (BTG) recruitment and retention program, wheelchair loan program, junior sport camp program, special events and other programs and services as required. The successful candidate will report to the BCWSA Program Manager & Program Coordinator
Position: Assistant Program Coordinator
Application Deadline: July 5, 2021
Anticipated Start Date: July 19, 2021
Anticipated End Date: December 3, 2021
Key Responsibility Areas
- Event Management – support the delivery of the BCWSA 50th Anniversary Celebration. Assist with logistics, communications, protocol, administration and other duties as required. Support other events as required, such as the planning of the Push4Impact fundraising and awareness event.
- Junior Sport Camps & Community Programs – assist with the coordination of junior sports and community sport program related arrangements including: facilities, transportation, promotions, equipment, recruitment, activities, leaders, medical support
- Bridging the Gap-Getting Physically Active Program – assist with program delivery elements including promotions, facilities, clinics, introductory programs, leaders, equipment.
- Sport Program Delivery – assist with the delivery of programs, camps and clinics in wheelchair tennis, wheelchair athletics and wheelchair rugby
- Wheelchair Loan program – assist with the BCWSA Wheelchair Loan program, including transportation of equipment, maintenance, inventory and tracking
- BCWSA Strategic Planning Process – assist with logistics and administration related to BCWSA’s Strategic Planning Process
- General administration duties related to the position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be able to work efficiently, independently and be able to multi task
- Must be willing to have a criminal record check and complete a Screening Disclosure Form
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must have knowledge in working with computers including Word and Excel
- Must have an outgoing personality and ability to network
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge and experience in working with people with physical disabilities is an asset
- Knowledge of sports wheelchairs and ability to deliver wheelchair loan program elements such as wheelchair maintenance and transportation an asset
- Knowledge and experience working in the sport system is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in event hosting is an asset
- Public Speaking training and experience is an asset
- Working with youth is an asset
- Class 4 driver’s license is an asset
- First Aid training is an asset
- Physical ability to move and lift heavy objects is an asset
The applicant must meet the Canada Summer Jobs eligibility requirements:
- 15 – 30 years of age
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or person to whom refugee protections has been conferred;
- Have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via email to:
Michelle McDonell, Program Manager, BC Wheelchair Sports email@example.com
780 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver BC V6P 5Y7 p.604 333 3520 x208 www.bcwheelchairsports.com
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.