Our restart plan!
General Guidelines – April 8, 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a serious impact on aspects of society including sport. On this page you’ll find our most up-to-date COVID-19 policies and restart plans.
Effective April 8, 2022. all remaining PHO restrictions on sports are lifted. All sports activities are now allowed for youth and adults. Proof of vaccination is no longer required by the Provincial Health Officer for sports activities and programs.
Masks are encouraged but not required. BCWSA will continue to monitor the situation and may impose additional requirements for large events or particularly high risk settings. The requirements will be communicated clearly in event-specific notices.
- All activities that would typically take place in a sports environment are permitted, including programs, events, camps and tournaments.
- Individuals should not attend any sports programming if they are unwell. Participants may use the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool (https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en/) to assess their symptoms as necessary. It is the individual’s responsibility to monitor themselves for symptoms that may be related to COVID-19.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, follow BCCDC guidance
- Masks are no longer required by the Province in indoor public spaces but remain highly recommended and appreciated.
Masks may still be required by individual businesses or facilities.
Proof of vaccination is no longer required for indoor sports activities and programs.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry.